New Podcast Direction...???

Posted by ToxicDoom | Monday, March 02, 2009 | ,

Hey there guys (And Gals) - i just wanted to throw in a quick update, and also to make my first blog post of March! Is it just me, or does this year seem to be going by quickly again? It seems like February didn't exist! 28 days just zoomed right on by.

Anyways, just a quick update! I know i promised that Episode 113 would be released on the weekend - along with episode 112. Little did i know that night, that i would end up going to a friends place with my brother, and drinkin' with them. Now, ya want to talk about "drama" - let's just say i know why i don't drink vodka that much anymore lol. I'll drink it if that's all that's there, but, i tend to stay away from it. I made so much of an ass of myself that night - all in the name of trying to hook my bro up with this chick!

That's all i'll say on that one :)

Episode 113 however should be up either sometime later tonight - or, tomorrow. I'm in the midst of making the playlist, and it should be one of the better shows from me since...a long time. It's gonna be an all Gothic show! So, everything in the Gothic and Gothic metal will be featured. You can expect to hear bands like Kittie, Lacuna Coil, The Birthday Massacre, Eyes Set To Kill, Dyonisis, Crystal Sunshine - and TONS more! I'm also gonna try not to talk that much!

I bet you're wondering why all of a sudden that i'm gonna do a Gothic show. It's quite simple, really. I came across a poker player named Jennifer "Jennicide" Leigh. I haven't had the oportunity to see her live game or anything on TV - because, she hasn't really made the "Mainstream" yet. She's been in a few televised tournaments - 1 for the Game Show Network in a "Battle of the ages" in 2005 or 2006. And, then 1 for the WPT.

I did however, come across her website (Wikipedia comes in really handy at times lol) - and, saw that she's got a music thing of what's she's got on her iPod - just a taste of it. To say the least, it "Rekindled" my love for all things Gothic! And, i thought to myself...what better way to show my love than a podcast episode dedicated to it!

This will be the first of many dedicated Genre shows to come in the next month. Think of it like this - you guys are my test subjects. To see what works on the podcast, and what ultimately doesn't. I'm contemplating a move to the Rock and Pop aspect this year. So, anything that doesn't fit in the Rock and Pop genres will be removed from the podcast.

You guys of course always have a say in the matter! Feel free to comment and have your say on what you love about the podcast - and, what ya could care less for. Your voice CAN and WILL be heard!